In Person Worship, Church School
and Nursery Care
Sunday, December 5th - Second Sunday in Advent
I Believe in Peace, Even When: Preparing the Way
8:30 & 10:30am Worship with Communion
We will have TWO services at 8:30am and 10:30am in our Meetinghouse. We are grateful to our volunteers who will join us in worship as greeters, ushers, Media Booth worker, Scripture readers and more. We will have the wonderful opportunity to hear a beautiful musical offering by Toni Sullivan at our 8:30am worship and by the Jubilate Ringers at our 10:30am worship. We will celebrate Communion at both services and will bid Godspeed to Karen Garren at 10:30am worship.
Note: Nursery Care will be available at both worship services, and Church School will meet at 10:30am.
PLEASE SIGN UP using the links below if you plan to join us for our worship services, nursery care, and church school. By signing up you help us to plan well and to have a record for contact tracing should the need arise.
Sunday, December 5th, In-Person Worship: 8:30am in the MeetinghouseWe will join together in the Meetinghouse for a 30 minute in person worship. You will find the sign up link below. We ask that people intending to join us for In Person Worship sign up and include how many people and the names of those who will be attending worship with you. You can register for our In Person Worship using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4CA8AF28A4F94-830am24
Sunday, December 5th, In-Person Worship: 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
We will join together in the Meetinghouse for our in person worship. We are looking to keep this service to no more than 45 minutes. You will find the sign up link below. We ask that people intending to join us for In Person Worship sign up and include how many people and the names of those who will be attending worship with you. You can register for our In Person Worship using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4CA8AF28A4F94-1030am28
In accordance with Department of Public Health and CDC guidance, we require masks of ALL who will sing during worship and those who are unvaccinated.
Sunday, December 5th,Nursery Sign Up, In-Person Worship at 8:30am or 10:30am:
Sunday, December 5th, In Person 10:30am Church School Sign Up:Children will begin in their classrooms with our Church School teachers on Sunday morning as they continue this new program year focusing on God's Story told in the Bible. Children can be signed up for our In Person Church School using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4CA8AF28A4F94-1030am27
Updated Worship Recording Information:
Updated CCB Face Mask/Covid Policy
- As the town has lifted the official mask mandate for indoor gathering, we will also do so with a few exceptions based on CDC and best safe practice guidelines.
- Those who are unvaccinated will still be required to wear masks. (This means that our children/youth and those who work with them will still be masking.)
- Those with compromised immunity or who would feel more comfortable masked in a larger group are invited to wear masks.
- Masks will be required when entering the Church Office.
- If there will be any singing everyone is required to mask while singing - which means that people will need a mask in the Worship space.
- If your group chooses to have people unmasked we ask that people do their best to remain 3-6ft apart from one another following social distancing guidelines. We will be spacing people in our pews in the Meetinghouse again and reminding people that Brooks Hall and the Balcony are set with chairs and an eye on social distancing.
- We still request that there are no large trays of shared food. If people choose to serve food we ask that it is served in individual portions (preferably wrapped/packaged separately).
- There will continue to be sanitation stations throughout the church with hand sanitizer and cleaning products. We invite groups to wipe down any tables/chairs or common surfaces that are used.
- We will continue to keep track of attendance at worship, in person meetings and gatherings, so (heaven forbid) if there is another resurgence of Covid that contact tracing measures can be taken.
Pastors Fund Thanks & InformationOur pastors wish to thank you so much for your generous support of the Pastors Fund during these difficult and ever-changing times. With your help bills have been paid to cover housing costs, medical bills, and emergency repairs as well as to cover other everyday costs like food, gas, and clothing for members & friends of our church and wider community. The Pastors Fund is supported through the honorarium from the funerals/memorials that our pastors officiate, as well as through the generous gifts of members and friends of our community. The Thrift Shop has supported the Pastors Fund with gifts from sale profits, and the Pastors Fund is also one of the options for holiday support through our Virtual Giving Tree this year.
If you are feeling moved to make a direct gift to the Pastors Fund, gift cards for groceries and gas are always welcome, as are donations made payable to Pastors Fund.
Upcoming Events: Save the Dates
Dorothy Day Service Project – December 5th from 11:30am-12:30pm
We have an opportunity to prepare a hot meal and sandwiches for guests of the Dorothy Day Hospitality House. If you would like to help, please join us in Fellowship Hall at 11:30am.
SERRV Christmas Sale – December 5th at 9:15am, 11:15am & 3:30-5pm
Join us after worship or during our Christmas Tree Lighting event for an opportunity to do some fair trade shopping for Christmas and to support artisans in the United States and around the world.
2nd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting - December 5th from 3:30-5pm
We hope you will join us for our 2nd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting! Schedule of events:
3:30-3:45pm – Gathering and Fellowship & Opportunity to Shop SERRV
3:45pm – The Twelve Days of Christmas
3:55-4:25pm – Worship, Christmas Pageant & Tree Lighting
4:25-5pm – Hot Cocoa, SERRV Shopping, and Fellowship
We hope you will join us for this opportunity for fellowship and worship, as well as a chance to shine God’s bright light of hope for our community.
Christmas Eve Worship – Friday, December 24th
We will have three services of worship on Christmas Eve this year.
5:30pm – Living Nativity Outdoor Worship at the Barn
8:00pm – Indoor Worship with Special Music and Candle lighting
Note: This service will also be live streamed.
Nursery/Child Care will be available ONLY at this service.
10:00pm – Indoor Worship with Special Music and Candle lighting
We hope these options will provide the opportunity for everyone to join us safely for worship on Christmas Eve, either in person outside or inside at church or in the comfort of your own home.
**Masks will be REQUIRED for all people who will sing together at Outdoor Worship and ALL who attend Indoor Worship on Christmas Eve.
Church In Society Giving Tree
The Giving Tree has tags available for various groups and ministries like Brookfield Social Services, Interfaith AIDS Ministry, Toys for Tots, Baby Bundles, Miriam’s Kitchen, Holy Joe’s Café and more. If you are in a position to help provide some holiday cheer for those in need, stop by our Giving Tree to choose a tag. (Tags include instructions and return date information.)
Your Pastors are Here for You!
Pastoral Care Appointments
Labyrinth & Children's Garden:
CCB Office Hours
Our Church Office is generally open from 9am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
Know that "No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here!"
At Home Electronic Worship Options
- Would you enjoy the guidance of fellow seekers to help you support your children's growth into strong and compassionate moral thinkers?
- Are you looking for a place where you can bring your deepest joys and sorrows and find real companionship in celebration and suffering?
- Do you long for a place where you and your family can learn to love one another and care for the world in a compassionate faith community?