Join us for January 30th Worship
"The Power of Love"
8:30 & 10:30am Worship (10:30am is Live Streamed)
“Love is patient and kind, not jealous or boastful, not arrogant or rude… love never ends!” The Apostle Paul’s great hymn of love from First Corinthians 13 is read at so many weddings, and even funerals, because its poetry still holds deep truth for us today.
What does God’s love have the power to do or change in your own life? How does our church recharge you with the life-giving love of Christ each week? And how do we share that energizing and life-changing grace with the world?
Rev. Bryn Smallwood-Garcia preaches and Sue Waschak provides a Call to Share.
Note: Nursery Care will be available at both worship services, and Church School will meet at 10:30am. in Fellowship Hall.
PLEASE SIGN UP using the links below if you plan to join us for our worship services, nursery care, and church school. By signing up you help us to plan well and to have a record for contact tracing should the need arise.
In-Person Worship: 8:30am in the Meetinghouse
In-Person Worship: 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
Some Special Notes:
- Due to this winter's Omicron variant and upsurge of Covid cases, masks are now required for all people while inside the Meetinghouse, and at all times (not just during singing). We ask that you observe social distancing as much as possible. Movable chairs for greater social distancing are available in the Balcony and in Brooks Hall.
- While we want to be able to see everyone, we ask that anyone who is feeling ill or experiencing any Covid symptoms stays home from worship and worships with us via live stream or recording. Also, if you fear you may have been exposed to someone with Covid in the past week, or are awaiting test results, please take advantage of our live streaming.
Please be in touch with our Church Office at 203-775-1259 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Updated CCB Face Mask/Covid Policy
- Masks will continue to be required when entering the Church Office.
- If your group chooses to have people unmasked we ask that people do their best to remain 3-6ft apart from one another following social distancing guidelines. We will be asking people to socially distance as much as possible in our pews in the Meetinghouse, reminding people that Brooks Hall and the Balcony are set with chairs that permit more flexible social distancing.
- We still request that there are no large trays of shared food. If people choose to serve food we ask that it is served in individual portions (preferably wrapped/packaged separately).
- There will continue to be sanitation stations throughout the church with hand sanitizer and cleaning products. We invite groups to wipe down any tables/chairs or common surfaces that are used.
- We will continue to keep track of attendance at worship, in person meetings and gatherings, so that contact tracing measures can be taken.
Pastors Fund Thanks & InformationOur pastors wish to thank you so much for your generous support of the Pastors Fund during these difficult and ever-changing times. With your help bills have been paid to cover housing costs, medical bills, and emergency repairs as well as to cover other everyday costs like food, gas, and clothing for members & friends of our church and wider community. The Pastors Fund is supported through the honorarium from the funerals/memorials that our pastors officiate, as well as through the generous gifts of members and friends of our community. The Thrift Shop has supported the Pastors Fund with gifts from sale profits, and the Pastors Fund is also one of the options for holiday support through our Virtual Giving Tree this year.
If you are feeling moved to make a direct gift to the Pastors Fund, gift cards for groceries and gas are always welcome, as are donations made payable to Pastors Fund.
Your Pastors are Here for You!
Pastoral Care Appointments
Labyrinth & Children's Garden:
CCB Office HourOur Church Office is generally open from 9am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
Know that "No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here!"
At Home Electronic Worship Options
- Would you enjoy the guidance of fellow seekers to help you support your children's growth into strong and compassionate moral thinkers?
- Are you looking for a place where you can bring your deepest joys and sorrows and find real companionship in celebration and suffering?
- Do you long for a place where you and your family can learn to love one another and care for the world in a compassionate faith community?